Q. What is the physical address of the office? We are a very rural area. The office and cabins do not have designated physical addresses. You can use Google or Yahoo maps by searching for Broken Bow or Hochatown, OK 74728. From that point you will have to follow the written directions which will email you 7-10 days prior to your arrival. Don’t forget them!

Q. This is my first visit to the area. What activities can we anticipate? There is something for everyone in the Broken Bow Lake / Beavers Bend State Park area. We have hunting, bass fishing, fly fishing, Cedar Creek golf course, river rafting (Lower Mountain Fork River and the Glover River), parasailing, boat and jet ski rentals, horseback riding, paddleboats, bumper boats, mini golf, go carts, hiking, biking, a nature center, scuba diving, the Forest Heritage Center, museums, children’s playground area, abundant wildlife, and so much more. Most of all…nature and relaxation.

Q. Where do I check in? We uses a self check-in. Check-in information along with map, key code and information on things to do in the area will be emailed to you 7 to 10 days prior to your arrival. Don’t forget your map. Our office is not open 24 hours a day so you might not be able to get in touch with us immediately to get directions.

Q. Do you allow early check-ins? Check-in time is 4 pm Monday thru Saturday and 5 pm on Sunday. IF your cabin is not rented the night before your arrival we will allow a 2 pm check-in. Otherwise the check-in time will be the above stated times or when the cabin is clean. Please check our online availability calendar the night before your arrival date to see if you will be able to check-in early.

Q. Is there cell phone service in the area? Yes, but limited. U.S. Cellular and Cingular work best in our area.  Other services are “hit & miss”.  Cell phone service is extremely limited to no service at all inside the Beavers Bend State Park area. Most service will not work. Pay phones are available at the two convenience stores located in the Hochatown area.

Q. Will there be firewood at the cabin? We provides firewood for cabins with wood burning fireplaces from mid October to Mid March. We do not provide firewood for the outdoor fire pits. Firewood is available for purchase at the two convenience stores at Hochatown or we can have firewood delivered to your cabin if you’d like. 1/4 rick (2′ x 4′) $35, 1/2 rick (4′ X 4′) $50 or full rick (4′ X8′) $100. The charge will be added to your guest account.

Q. Are alcoholic beverages sold in area? Yes, you can purchase alcohol in the area. Most convenient stores sell beer, Girls Gone Wine has a good selection of wine and there is also a Liquor store near the 259A south entrance. McCurtain County does not sell liquor by the drink. It’s BYOB with membership where available.

Q. Where is the closest grocery store? Pruett’s grocery store and Wal-Mart (not a superstore) are located on HWY 259 in Broken Bow . (See our online map)  There is a Super Wal-Mart in Idabel (18-24 miles) Frontier General Store and Gas Station in the Hochatown area has a good supply of grocery items in small quantities.  We suggest Frontier General to purchase your steaks & shrimp to grill.

Q. What are the fees to use the park and boat ramps? There are no fees to enjoy Beavers Bend State Park or to use the facilities at Broken Bow Lake. Fees apply for fishing and hunting. Licenses can be purchased at our local convenience stores and Wal-Mart stores

Q. Do I need to buy a fishing license? When fishing in the river, all ages are required to hold a valid trout stamp and people 14 & over must hold a valid Oklahoma fishing license. When fishing on Broken Bow Lake, only a permanent or temporary fishing license is required. Fishing licenses and trout stamps may be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenient stores or the Beavers Bend State Park office. Broken Bow Lake is well known for large mouth bass, white bass, crappie & walleye. Fishing guides are available. Mountain Fork River is a designated trout stream. Rainbow and brown trout are stocked two times per month. See stocking dates on the Oklahoma Wildlife website. For more fishing guide info, go to the tourism website listed below.

Q.Where are the boat ramps? Beavers Bend Marina is located on Stevens Gap Road. There are four other boat ramps in Carson Creek and Stevens Gap.

Q. Are water craft rentals available? Yes – pontoon boats, fishing boats and Jet Ski rentals are available at Beavers Bend Marina.
Call 580-494-6455.

Q. Do you have any cabins that have direct access to ATV riding? We don’t promote any of our cabins as “direct access” to ATV trails. ATVs are allowed in designated areas of the Ouachita National Forest. It is illegal to ride on any state or county roads or to cross Hwy 259 on 4-wheelers. Please visit the below link for more information on ATV riding.

Q. What is my driving distance to Broken Bow? 
Dallas – Broken Bow is 197 miles from the center of Dallas. It is a 3 to 31/2 hour drive, depending upon your starting point.
Oklahoma City – Broken Bow is 255 miles from the center of Oklahoma City – usually a 4-hour drive.
Shreveport – Broken Bow is 155 miles from Shreveport – usually a 3-hour drive.
Tulsa – Broken Bow is 218 miles from Tulsa – usually a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Q. What are the cabin amenities? All We cabins are fully equipped for all your needs. They each have cooking utensils, dishes, flatware, linens and towels for the number of people the cabin sleeps. Each cabin has an outdoor grill and all cabins have central heat and air conditioning. Coffee pots and toaster are also found in each cabin. Visit each cabin webpage for all amenities.

Q. Are pets allowed? Each cabin has its own pet policy. The pet policy is listed on each individual cabin page. If your cabin is pet friendly it is strongly suggested you crate your pet while you are away from the cabin. Dogs only are allowed. No cats birds or other animals.

Q. Are any of the cabins located on the lake? Broken Bow Lake is managed by the Corps of Engineers. Therefore, no cabins are allowed to be built near the water. We cabins range from 2 miles to 7 miles from the nearest boat ramp on Broken Bow Lake.

Q. What if we have more people in our group than the cabin sleeps? Cabins are equipped to comfortably sleep the maximum number indicated (2 per bed and 2 per sleeper sofa). We supply enough amenities (towels, dishes, etc.) for that number of people. If you have more guest than the maximum occupancy we suggest you rent additional cabins for additional occupants. We have cabins located near each other.

Q. Are there restaurants in the area? There are several restaurants located in the Hochatown / Beavers Bend area – Shady Oaks, Abendigos, Stevens Gap & Beavers Bend Café. All are casual dress. The Frontier General Store offers take-out food. There are additional restaurants in Broken Bow.

Q. Are Canoe rentals available? Yes – half-day or full-day canoe rentals are available on the lower Mountain Fork River. Also inside Beavers Bend State Park are canoe, paddle boats, bumper boats and kayak rentals. For more information go to the tourism website listed below and follow the links to water sports.

Q. Are there mountain bike and hiking trails in the area? Yes. Most designated bike / hiking trails are located within Beavers Bend State Park. Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions. It is a good idea to notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) to let them know your plans to hike or bike the trails.

Q. Will I see wild animals in the area? Yes. The cabins are located in the forest. You will see rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, etc. The raccoons will be on your porch at night. Be sure to keep your trash can lids secured. For your protection, take caution against poison ivy and poisonous snakes – copperheads and rattlesnakes. Poison ivy and bug repellant is suggested